Nicole is a director at Family Law in Partnership. She specialises in all aspects of private family law and in particular financial issues arising on separation or divorce. Nicole has extensive experience of emergency applications to the Court and cases involving substantial and complex asset arrangements. She is well-known for her expertise in relation to pre-nuptial agreements. Nicole has also dealt with a number of cases involving children with special needs which require a particularly sensitive and constructive approach.
“My aim is to achieve the very best outcome for my clients. Each case is different and I provide a bespoke service tailored to the individual client’s needs”.
Nicole’s clients include entrepreneurs, businessmen and women, celebrities, City professionals and their spouses and partners. Many of her clients are non-UK nationals and, as such, much of her work has a significant international dimension.
What Nicole’s clients say:
“I have been hugely impressed by your sensitivity and strength, and stand in awe of your decisive, incisive and “efforts based” approach”
“Excellent, very helpful indeed”
Nicole started her career as a commercial litigator with a large City firm. Her background in litigation ensures that she is an experienced and robust litigator, when required.
Representative cases include:
- Acting for the wife on an appeal against a termed maintenance order.
- Acting for the husband on a case concerning the treatment on divorce of significant assets inherited by the wife before the marriage.
- Negotiating a settlement where divorce proceedings had been commenced in both Italy and England simultaneously, thereby preventing a very expensive jurisdictional fight for both parties.
- Negotiating a settlement on behalf of an American mother allowing her to relocate her autistic child to the US from London where the family had lived for many years after the breakdown of the marriage.
- Obtaining criminal injunctions on behalf of a wealthy mother who had been subjected to emotional abuse throughout a lengthy on/off relationship with the father.
Nicole is a member of the International Academy of Family Lawyers and is Vice Chair of the International Family Law Committee of the American Bar Association, International Section. She is a member of both Collaborative Family Law and City Women in Law. As a longstanding member of Resolution, Nicole is a trained mediator as well as a collaborative lawyer.
Nicole is known as a leader in the field of family law and is recommended by both Chambers UK 2017 and the Legal 500 UK 2015 with the Legal 500 UK 2015 noting that she “looks for practical solutions rather than conflicts”. Chambers UK 2017 notes that Nicole “has extensive experience in private family law, particularly in matters around relationship breakdown. Sources comment: “She has good judgement, calls a case well from the beginning and manages the client’s expectations. Her advice is realistic from day one.”” Chambers UK 2016 remarks that Nicole is “an experienced collaborative lawyer with an emphasis on matrimonial finance issues. Interviewees praise her warm approach and ability to expertly handle complex cases”. Ranking Nicole as a leading individual in family law, Chambers UK 2015 describes her as “eminently sensible…she encourages caution, fairness and kindness”. Nicole appears in the Citywealth Honours Lists for 2016 and 2015 “She is very patient, clear in her explanations, empathetic and committed to the client’s cause without being excessively partisan”. Super Lawyers London ranks Nicole as a leading family lawyer.
Nicole has specialised in family law for over 30 years and was a partner at Charles Russell before joining Family Law in Partnership in 2004.