Elizabeth specialises in all aspects of family law, including financial remedy proceedings in divorce and private law children work, particularly arrangements for children and internal & external relocation. She has a particular specialism in working with families where there has been domestic abuse or addiction issues.
Elizabeth acts for a wide range of clients including professionals, entrepreneurs, stay at home parents, and those who have an international background.
As a mother of a young child herself, she understands all the practical aspects that need to be addressed by parents dealing with a separation and the different anxieties which parents may have in managing those issues.
Elizabeth has specialised in family law since 2006 and joined the firm in 2007. She is both a qualified mediator and collaboratively trained lawyer; she brings these dispute resolution skills to all aspects of her practice. She is a Resolution Accredited Specialist with specialisms in private children law and domestic abuse and was shortlisted for Family Law Associate of the Year in the Jordan Family Law Awards 2014.
- Elizabeth acted for a mother who wanted to relocate within England with her young child.
- Elizabeth acted for a divorcing husband who was in mediation for his financial separation and also had to make decisions with his wife in relation to their adult dependent child who had learning difficulties.
- Elizabeth acted for a wife facing an application to vary her maintenance award resulting from her divorce proceedings. Both parties were international and the case involved several jurisdictions and foreign pensions.
What clients say:
“Elizabeth’s advice and guidance were absolutely invaluable to me during a very difficult time. Her calm, sensitive and professional approach throughout the whole process was incredibly reassuring, and made me feel that she had my best interests at heart at all times. I cannot recommend Elizabeth highly enough and have often passed on her contact details to friends and colleagues who are going through divorce.”
“Having a lawyer who listens and provides counsel in a manner that calms is invaluable. I would not hesitate to recommend Elizabeth to others in need of professional support and advice.”
Reported cases on which Elizabeth has advised include:
- Re G Children  EWCA Civ 336, involving a lesbian couple in a custody battle.
- L v L  EWHC 2207 (Fam), an appeal in financial remedy proceedings against a termed maintenance order.
- K and L  EWHC 1234, a financial case dealing with inherited wealth.
- Re S (Leave to Remove: Costs)  EWHC 3120 (Fam), a successful costs claim in a children case because of the litigious conduct of the father.
Recent blogs and articles: