- Stephanie Curtis
- Rosie Doyle
- Wendy Hoare
- Grace Ikomi
- Claire Kay
- Gina Lee
- Kelly Myring
- Matilda Pigneguy
- Owen Pitt
- Maisie Taylor
- Louise Vane
- Anne Whaley
Elizabeth is a director at Family Law in Partnership. She joined the firm in 2007 and has specialised in family law for over 10 years.
Elizabeth focuses on all aspects of family breakdown, but has a specific interest in managing arrangements for children both in and out of the court arena as well as resolving financial disputes arising from the breakdown of a marriage or relationship.
Elizabeth’s clients include professionals and business owners & executives, as well as stay at home parents, including those who have an international background.
As the mother of a young child herself, she understands all the practical aspects that need to be addressed by parents dealing with a separation and the different anxieties which parents may have in managing those issues. Elizabeth is a member of The Law Society’s Family Law Committee.
- Elizabeth acted for a finance professional in divorce and international relocation proceedings and was successful in enabling her to return to Australia with her children.
- Elizabeth acted for a husband in financial remedy proceedings where there were complex issues relating to trusts, tax schemes and a public sector pension.
- Elizabeth successfully acted for a wife facing an application to vary her maintenance award resulting from her divorce proceedings. Both parties were international and the case involved several jurisdictions as well as foreign pensions.
- Elizabeth acted for a mother who wanted to relocate within England with her young child.
- Elizabeth acted a father in Children Act proceedings in relation to the arrangements for the children.
Elizabeth is committed to resolving issues constructively both in and out of court. She is a trained mediator and collaborative lawyer.
What clients say:
“You were just brilliant and your professionalism and tenacity as well as the humour were appreciated by us all.”
“Elizabeth’s advice and guidance were absolutely invaluable to me during a very difficult time. Her calm, sensitive and professional approach throughout the whole process was incredibly reassuring, and made me feel that she had my best interests at heart at all times. I cannot recommend Elizabeth highly enough and have often passed on her contact details to friends and colleagues who are going through divorce.”
“Having a lawyer who listens and provides counsel in a manner that calms is invaluable. I would not hesitate to recommend Elizabeth to others in need of professional support and advice.”
Elizabeth is named as a Next Generation Lawyer and recommended for family law by the leading legal directory, Legal 500 UK 2017: “..hardworking and diligent director Elizabeth Fletcher is very effective in financial matters.” She was shortlisted for Family Law Associate of the Year in the Jordan Family Law Awards 2014. She is a Resolution Accredited Specialist with specialisms in Private Children law and domestic abuse. Elizabeth is co-author of “Towards the Light: A Way Through Divorce and Separation” (2017) a handbook for individuals going through a divorce and separation.
Elizabeth’s reported cases include:
- Re G Children  EWCA Civ 336, a Court of Appeal decision involving separated civil partners in a dispute over the residence of their children.
- L v L  EWHC 2207 (Fam), an appeal in financial remedy proceedings relating to the appropriate term of a maintenance order.
- K and L  EWHC 1234, a Court of Appeal decision in financial remedy proceedings dealing with inherited wealth.
- Re S (Leave to Remove: Costs)  EWHC 3120 (Fam), a successful costs claim in a children case because of the litigious conduct of the father.
Recent blogs and articles: