- David Allison
- Gillian Bishop
- Daniel Coombes
- Elizabeth Fletcher
- Helen Greenfield
- Nicole Hackett
- James Pirrie
- Bradley Williams
Many of Charlotte’s matters have an international element. Charlotte speaks fluent French and spent 18 months living in Paris working in French law firms. She has the expertise and experience to conduct client meetings in French.
Charlotte has a corporate law background having previously worked for a City firm before moving into family law.
As no personal situation is the same, Charlotte believes in the importance of listening to her clients to provide the service that they need. She intelligently advises them of the right process for them, whether that be solicitor led negotiation, litigation at court, arbitration, collaborative practice or mediation.
She advises on a wide range of family matters including:
- financial issues arising from divorce and separation of cohabiting couples, often involving complex issues surrounding businesses, tax, pensions and investments;
- pre- and post-nuptial agreements;
- cohabitation agreements;
- financial claims by parents for children;
- parenting issues involving child contact and residence; and
- relocation of a child both within and outside the jurisdiction.
A graduate of St John’s College, Cambridge, Charlotte has an MA in French and German.
Charlotte is a member of Resolution, the Franco-British Lawyers Society and the International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA).
- Advised the wife in the reported case of AB v FC  EWHC 3285 concerning financial provision following a short marriage in circumstances where there was little capital but the husband, a professional footballer, had a substantial earning capacity.
- Advised a Moroccan client in French on an English pre-nuptial agreement involving assets in Morocco, Italy and England.
- Advised the owner of a tech start-up company through financial court proceedings on divorce with issues surrounding the valuation of the business.
- Advised a heterosexual French couple with a PACS.
- Negotiated a successful outcome for a client in heavily contested court proceedings surrounding the beneficial ownership of a property of a non-married couple.
- Acted for clients with investments in film partnership schemes that are the subject of litigation against HMRC, requiring complex financial orders to deal with potential tax liabilities and penalties.
- Represented clients through arbitration to achieve a legally binding decision outside the court process.
What Charlotte’s clients say:
“Thank you so much for your professionalism and excellent service.”
“I am hugely grateful for what you have achieved for me. The outcome is far better than I could have hoped for.”
“You have been utterly incredible.”
“…without your guidance and patience we would not have received this ending. I recall wanting to give up as I was so overwhelmed and exhausted and you guys kept me strong and going. So the thank you and well done is deserved by both of you (Charlotte Symes and James Pirrie)!”
Read Charlotte’s blogs: